Thank you for taking an interest in our Post Natal Pelvic Floor Workshop.
Date: 6th October 2019
Venue: Finesse Movement Maynooth
Time: 9.45am registration 10am - 5pm
Cost: €198 early bird available until 29th September
This course is suitable for Pilates Instructors, Physiotherapists, Physical Therapists & Fitness Trainers who work with postnatal women.
Remember, "once post natal, always post natal" anon.
You can expect to learn:
- How to screen for common Pelvic Floor Dysfunction (PFD)
- Be able to identify red flags & know when and who to refer to
- What Intra-Abdominal Pressure is and how to manage it – understand how different exercises and positions have different IAP implications
- Suitable exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor
- How to modify exercise for those experiencing (PFD)
- Simple strategies and resources for ‘downtraining’ an 'overactive' Pelvic Floor
- How to progress your training programme using Pilates methods:
Key Takeaways for the day.
- Be able to screen your client for potential pelvic dysfunction and know when to refer if required.
- Be confident training your postnatal client safely, at whatever stage they are at.
- Have a repertoire of suitable exercises to get you started, based in the Pilates method
Leah Bryans, MISCP Chartered Physiotherapists in Women's Health & Pilates Instructor (Bio)
Eleanor Finn, MIAPT Physical Therapist & Pilates Instructor